Life isn't about just hanging in there, it is about moving forward until you become all that you can become.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Busy, Busy Month

So, I am probably the worst blogger known to man....but I am sure you can forgive me for that. I have finished my internship and I happy to announce that I have been promoted to the next phase of my career. It is called a TSA (Temporary Salaried Assistant) and I will be a manager over the Disneyland Resort Shared Services which covers the three hotel lifeguards, the Disney Dining phone line, and Guest Billing. Pretty much all that means is that I am officially a Disney employee and a fairly permanent resident of the Orange County. This position is until the end of September and then my fate is truly decided. But I have a strong feeling that this is where I am meant to be.

My family came down to visit and this included my brothers family which I haven't seen in 3 years. They have the cutest little boys and they are pretty much the biggest handful ever, but it was so fun to be a part of their first Disney experience. It was great to be with my parents and some of my family again, though the Morrell's have their share of disagreements, it was a pretty good week.

Things are going super well in the ward. I finally got a calling and I was super excited about it. I then got promoted and have to work the next three Sundays, oh well, my time will come. I have made a good set of friends and everything seems to be settling down a bit. I will have to update you on the dating life at a later time, cause right now I am not even sure what is going on. :) And so is life for me as a single person.

It is also that time that I am usually getting ready for EFY and let me tell you how nice it is to not worry about it. The program is amazing, but my time was done. I am excited for everyone that will be participating, but count me out!

Thanks for keeping in touch and let me know when you are coming to SoCal. I can't make any promises but I will see what I can do to help.

10 comments:

Breanne May 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

I'm glad that the job is working out! So jealous that you are an offical disney employee. It's nice to finally have that moment when you know that you are where you need to be. :)

Clay and Katy May 19, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Mark, Glad to hear all is good for you. We need to catch up; shoot me an email w/ your number.
claywarren@gmail.com

Joni May 20, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

He is alive! Good to hear that everything is working out for you. I knew things would start to look up!

Mindy May 22, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

OH MY WORD! I JUST FELL OUT OF MY SEAT! All of the times checking this blog and never seeing a darn thing change ... have all been worth this moment right now! MARK! I keep forgetting to call you! I remember when I am at work (like right now, that's right. I checked your blog while at work. I'm bored. Sue me.) Congratulations on your new position and your church calling!

P.s. I am coming to Disneyland in August for the race they have *in* the park!! Will I be able to meet up with you at all???

P.s. no 2: Since I am so bad at calling, maybe you should call me! :)

Mindy May 22, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

P.s. I will now remove you from my Needs to Be Kicked List (which you can find located on my blog) because you finally updated! :)

katie May 22, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Mark congrats! sounds like we need to come visit. I am glad to hear everything is going well. We miss you! Keep in touch with my sister. There is a crush there, but you didn't hear that from me.
Love ya

Aleisha May 24, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

My aunt would be so jealous of you working there. If she could live there, she would. Congrats on the job and calling. Good luck in the dating department. =o)

Anonymous,  July 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

Nice to hear from you. The Disneyland job sounds like it would be perfect for you. It is good to hear what's happening and know that at least one of my roommates was able to avoid falling off of the face of the planet, unlike some of the others :)

Mindy July 10, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!! OR DIE!!!!!!!!! :) Okay, I really like you. Don't die. :)

Morrell Family July 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Markus-
I'm so excited that I stumbled onto your blog, lame that I had to find out by reading Mickel's. Anyway I'm glad things are going a little better for you and we miss you lots. Hope to come down and visit you more often. Thanks for being an awsome uncle/brother/brother-in-law. Love ya. Ambie

About This Blog

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP